Thursday, October 4, 2012

Morning Drinks

The morning drink problem arrises when school starts and especially  when the weather changes.  Most of the time the kids want hot chocolate while they sit and do their little devotional books they got from Sunday School.  The little packets I buy are gone way to fast.  The homemade mix, to me, isn't really all that tasty and is "imitation" tasting.  The bulk powder mix isn't much different.  So, I stopped buying it!  This morning was very cold out and demanding me figure out something.  I had some baking squares in the cabinet and decided to look up a way on the computer on how to use those.  Here's what I found:


How to Make Real Hot Chocolate:
Ingredients:
2 squares unsweetened or semisweet chocolate
1/3 cup sugar
4 cups milk
Break or chop the two squares of unsweetened or semisweet chocolate into smaller pieces.
In a saucepan, add: 2 chopped squares unsweetened or semisweet chocolate, 1/3 cup sugar and 2 cups milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring continuously. Once the mixture comes to a boil, add the remaining 2 cups milk and heat all the way through. Do not allow the hot chocolate to come to another boil.
Remove from heat and serve immediately. 
It makes 4 cups, which is the perfect amount for the 4 of them.  I'll have to stick to coffee then.  But, this recipe is more what hot chocolate should be.  It has tiny pieces of chocolate floating around which I like.  Will have to try to embellish it with some marshmallows or whipped cream every now and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment